Sorry I have been away for so long. With all the changes in my life I haven't found the time/energy/motivation to sit down and write down my thoughts and feelings. This is a time in my life when I really should take note of all the little moments that make memories and capture the mood of my life. But alas, I have been slacking in that area as I learn to be a stay at home mommy. So many new challenges and so many rewarding moments with my children. I really should set aside some time each week to write it all down.
A few highlights from the past few months...
Abbie is loving the second grade and is doing well. She made all A's, except one B, on her report card. A piece of her artwork was featured at the school district's Imagination Celebration last month. She is enjoying her gymnastics and dance classes. Loves being a big sister (aka little momma) and helps out around the house when she's not distracted by a cute baby brother.
Asher started pre-k at AcroSport and is happy to go most of the time. He only goes two days a week so it's almost more of a mother's day out kind of thing. They have a new curriculum this year called Mother Goose Time and it seems to be working well for him. He also started taking a karate class. He likes going except when it takes him away from an activity he was enjoying. He loves his little brother and gets along with him most of the time. He is still learning to be gently with baby brother and has been a little jealous of the attention baby gets rather than him. Poor guy has had more trouble with his asthma which means steroids. Steroids + Asher = grumpy, rude, unhappy boy. I sure hate that the thing that helps him breath better makes him unhappy. He has really enjoyed all the visitors we have had since baby brother was born. He can be very thoughtful and helpful when he is in the mood to be. Good boy but 4 has been a little tough so far.
Abram is trying to grow up too fast. He is now almost six months old. He can get around quite well now between rolling, inchworm crawls and learning to get up on all four crawling. It amazes me how fast he is learning things...guess he's just trying to keep up with Abbie and Asher. He has an awesome laugh that makes everyone smile...even Asher when he's in a bad mood. The last few weeks he has been fighting a virus with sinus and coughing trouble. The tough part has been that he's not sleeping well...so mommy and daddy aren't sleeping much at all. :( He had to start nebulizer breathing treatments which have helped but just had to start taking a steroid...just for a few days and hopefully it will knock out the crud and he can start feeling better.
Gary has been busy with all kinds of things as always. He has been enjoying fishing with some friends from work and with Asher but has been pretty unlucky as far as bring any fish home. He always seems to have some project going on the computer. Signed his lease for his apartment in Port Arthur for work. Now just waiting on final approval as to when the assignment will begin.
I have been busy learning my new job of full time mommy/homemaker. I always knew it was a big deal and have always admired those who have been up to the task. It's not easy and I never expected it would. I struggle a little with it all but from talking to friends I'm not alone in feeling that way. I know as I work hard and stay disciplined that it will get better. I have been working on a few projects to keep a little balance in my life. I like to sew (though I'm no seamstress) and create things with old/used fabrics. My little creation is a diaper grab and go bag made out of old denim jeans. I call them FoxyBotmz bags and really enjoy creating them...if only I could sell some. I started a shop on etsy but haven't had any luck selling so far. Something else I have started that takes my time and focus. But hey, it's fun. I'm also making other fun things for my family like cloth napkins for the kids lunches and sleep sacks for Abram. The sleep sacks are the first thing I've made from a bought pattern in a long time. Thankfully the fam has been patient with me...I think it's because they benefit from my creations...whatever makes them happy.
This year has been filled with so many ups and downs. We have welcomed our baby Abram to our family and reconnected with old friends. We have had great times enjoying friendships and sharing in their joys and sorrows. Our love and prayers go out to several families (Martin/Rupert and Tunnell/Veatch) who have each lost a loved one this year. To the Tunnell/Veatch family...wow, words cannot express the awesomeness you are. I know that people are put in our lives/paths for a reason and a season. I was able to know the Tunnell fam as a kiddo but lost touch with them in my teen years. Thanks to a lovely thing called facebook, I have reconnected with this beautiful family. I'm sad that I didn't get to hug Becky before she passed away. But I am thankful that I was able to get back in touch with the family. What an example she has been (and all of that family for that matter). I don't understand why such a sweet, fun loving spirit had to be tested that way and why her lovely family has had to endure losing another child/sibling to cancer. Watching from afar, Becky's actions/attitude helped me strengthen my testimony of a the plan of salvation and of the truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ. My heart goes out to all of Becky's family. I know it will be a tough road. I am thankful to know this dear family!
We are looking forward to December when an old friend and her two daughters will come visit. Nana was an exchange student from Japan who stayed with my family when I was in elementary school. I have seen her only a few times since then but am really looking forward to seeing her again. My kiddos have really enjoyed learning a little about Japan's culture and food. Abbie is especially excited to meet the Nana's daughters (ages 9 & 11). Exciting times ahead for sure.
Wow...I can be really long winded for someone who doesn't have much to say! For anyone who took the time to read all my gibber gabber, thank you. I hope you haven't been bored out of your mind. Till next time...Jess

No comments:
Post a Comment